PLEASE ONLY USE THIS PAYMENT BUTTON IF YOUR RESERVATION HAS BEEN CONFIRMED, BY PHONE OR EMAIL, AND WE HAVE ASKED YOU TO MAKE THE DEPOSIT - THANK YOU (:
RECENT HISTORY OF COTOPAXI VOLCANO
Cotopaxi Volcano has always been active, and is often regarded as the highest active volcano in the world. In August 2015 the level of activity increased and for a while the National Park was closed. The Secret Garden hostel is in an area declared 100% safe by the authorities and therefore remains open. The level of volcanic activity has calmed down a lot, and the National Park was reopened in December 2015. In August 2016 the refuge (high up the mountain at approx 4,800m) also reopened. We hope that we will soon be able to offer tours all the way to the summit (an overnight, technical climb)
The Secret Garden Cotopaxi is an award winning traditional eco-friendly mountain lodge nestled in the high Ecuadorian Andes.
Situated less than two hours from Quito, it is the ideal location for the adventure seekers, as well for the people who just want to relax and get away from it all.
Enjoy the experience...
With our qualified international and local staff, there is something to do for everyone;
- Explore Cotopaxi National Park. The volcano became more active in mid 2015, but has now calmed down a lot. The national park reopened in early December 2015 and we now run tours of the park and up the mountain to the climbers refuge.
- Enjoy the thrill of mountain biking through the park and the surrounding countryside.
- Let's ride! Enjoy the views from horseback as we ride across the high Andean plains.
- Come hiking with one of our experienced guides on some of our beautiful and sometimes challenging high altitude mountain routes. Ideal preparation for those interested in climbing the summit of Ecuador's volcanoes.
- Exploring sessions. Enter some remote and untouched canyons, creeks and elaborate cave systems.
- Relax. Grab a rod and go fishing for trout or just hang in a hammock with a good book and a cold beer.
- Chill out and enjoy the panoramic views of the eight surrounding volcanoes from our bubbling jacuzzi.
- Great homecooked meals, enjoyed in the cozy surroundings of our communal dining area, next to a warm fire-place.
Three meals a day! A complete breakfast, lunch and a two course dinner
Free tea, coffee and drinking water available throughout the day
Free guided two hour welcoming tour to beautiful waterfalls
Free maps & picnic lunches
Free afternoon snacks, as well as snacks brought along by guides on activities
Free access to the jacuzzi